Tips for a stress-free holiday
Posted on 07/02/2017
Tips for a stress free holiday
Author: Rachel Owen
Holidays are a time to relax and rejuvenate. With a little planning before you go away, you can ensure that no money worries will get in the way of you having a good time.
Creating a travel budget in advance of your trip can save you any anxiety and help you avoid spending beyond your means while on holiday. Opening a bank account strictly for your holiday is a good idea and a budget tracking app can help you monitor your spending and saving in the lead up to your departure.
- Booking flights and accommodation in advance will give you access to cheaper deals
- If you’re not using your gym membership, cancel it. There are alternative ways to exercise such as going to the local park or for a swim at the beach.
- Bring your lunch to work. Plan meals in advance to avoid buying take-away. Buying take-away can be an expensive habit and not always the healthiest option. If you can do without your daily coffee, that’s a saving too.
- Before your departure date, avoid buying clothes you don’t need.
- Catch up with friends at home. Cook and let your friends bring something to share. You don’t have to be antisocial to save money
- Sell any unwanted goods through a garage sale or online to generate spare cash. If an item has been in your closet gathering dust for years, chances are you can live without it.
Follow these tips and you’ll have more spending money to enjoy your holiday.
Remember, when you get back, it is important to assess your financial position and keep budgeting so you can reach your next financial goal.
General Advice Disclosure:
This document contains information that is general in nature. It does not take into account the objectives, financial situation or needs of any particular person.
You need to consider your financial situation and needs before making any decisions based on this information. If you decide to purchase or vary a financial product, your financial adviser,
AMP Financial Planning and other companies within the AMP Group may receive fees and other benefits. The fees will be a dollar amount and/or a percentage of either the premium you pay or the value of your investment. Please contact us if you want more information.